Monday, February 23, 2015

Something Is Happening exhibition experience

Photograph of the exhibit by John Shimon

I am very pleased with the outcome of the whole Something Is Happening experience. I think my prints turned out quite nicely, and I am glad that I was able to use 4 of the photographs and present 2 of my pairs, rather than just 1 pair. That way, they could also be seen by the viewer as a series of pairs rather than just a haphazard bunch of photographs. I have been a part of many Mudd Gallery shows, and this was definitely one of the best. The turn-out at the opening was great, and the white cheddar popcorn was deeee-licious.

Stunning portrait by professional photographer, John Shimon

The most exciting part of this process for me was the book. Even though I only made it myself, it still feels pretty cool that a book of my photographs exists. I enjoyed creating it on Blurb, and I am excited to work with Blurb again to create the book for my capstone project. Except for the fact that there is no Large Portrait size option. Harumph.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I was so pleased with the outcome of the show as well. I was so happy to see so many faces for our opening night. I think the fact you were able to use 4 pictures really elevated your final prints. PS Now I wish I tried some of that popcorn!!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that having a slick little book of my own photos was one of the most gratifying parts of this project, even though it was just for us. And I'm glad you got to show your work as a pair- Hooray for taking purposeful liberties with the assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your works were some of my favorites! I thought that each pair showed clear thematic and stylistic connections that forced the viewer to draw a greater meaning from the two photographs as a collective. It reminds me of the idea of a "tertium quid," which is that a third element or theme only exists through the juxtaposition of two separate elements. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

What?